here’s your weekly detox for 2.25.17:
- Microfibers from synthetic textiles, like fleece, send tiny plastic fibers into wastewater after washing and they’re polluting our food chain. But this laundry bag can stop that from happening.
- Here’s everything you need to know about how plastic is poisoning our oceans and what we can do about it.
- An Australian food rescue organization has teamed up with Brisbane Airport to rescue and donate uneaten, edible wasted food and so far, they’ve rescued what equals 480,000 meals.
- It will take 10 days for officials to clean up a massive garbage island in the Gulf of Thailand using speedboats and small fishing nets.
- Want to be happier, calmer and healthier, and increase the amount of clean air you’re breathing? These are the three plants to add to your home (or office!).
- Dell’s new program will use recovered ocean plastic from Southeast Asia to create packaging for one of it’s laptops.
- Microplastics in the ocean now outnumber the amount of stars in our galaxy. But the United Nations just launched a new program to combat this problem.
connect with stasher