We were blown away by the 2,000+ entries to our #plasticfree2017 giveaway earlier this week! We love hearing about how all of you are taking steps to reduce the amount of plastic you use this year. Keep the comments and questions coming!
And if you haven’t already, make sure to take our plastic-free 2017 pledge! once you’ve signed up to take the pledge, we’ll email you an exclusive discount code to use at stasherbag.com to jumpstart your plastic-free 2017!
here’s your weekly detox for february 4th, 2017:
- This week, Chicago’s $0.07 disposable bag tax went into effect at all retail locations. The city hopes the new tax will dissuade shoppers from using paper and plastic bags.
- These are the five most interesting takeaways from a recent Pew Research Center survey that looked at the different perceptions and realities of recycling across the country.
- Not only is it a better option for the environment, but solar power employs more people in U.S. electricity generation than oil, gas and coal combined.
- Yet another reason to avoid the drive-through: the EWG recently released a report that many fast food wrappers, like french fry bags, pizza boxes, and several others, contain toxic nonstick chemicals.
- Target will now require their suppliers to reveal endocrine disruptors in products. Additionally, they’ve asked that by 2020, these companies remove harmful ingredients from their products such as formaldehyde and phthalates.
- This photo series shows what it would look like if plastic impacted people the way it does marine animals.
- Need some more ideas about how to reduce the amount of plastic waste you produce? Check out One Green Planet’s helpful tips for using less plastic.
- Toothpaste tubes are nearly impossible to recycle, meaning they almost always end up in a landfill. The solution? Making your own! Check out this recipe and learn more about the benefits of DIY toothpaste.
connect with stasher